View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
fistpoint
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Location: Estados Unitos
Posts: 1,196
Thanks: 75
Thanked 364 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I keep reading these similar threads and can't help but wonder what kind of vehicles you folks drove prior to this, or specifically have you ever driven a tiny 4 cylinder?

Every car I've owned over the past 20 years has been a little 4 banger Honda, from 1.6 liters then to a 2 liter. All of them had one thing in common, you didn't drive them below 2000rpm. If you did, not only did you get practically nil acceleration, but it it made the transmission unhappy and you could sort of hear it, and feel it.

I just read a thread last night about someone asking if 3000rpm was too high for 5th gear at 50mph. First thing I thought of was all of my cars having similar gearing as that didn't sound like an improper speed/gear/rpm at all. In fact, my current car(RSX-S) is at 2800rpm 5th/50, again suggesting to me that the BRZ and FR-S are very similar in gearing and most likely have to be driven the same.

These small engines don't like low rpm's is what I'm saying. If you came from a V8 to this, then that explains all these threads.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote