I would still buy an 86.......
but I would put my deposit down on the biggest dealer in town so they would order my car instead of waiting until the price was released and then order it with the rest of Australia...... Still waiting for my 86, deposit down in March.
Lesson learnt.... on the plus side I think I could almost build my car with the parts I have bought for it ............