View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore
 
S2KtoFT86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: 2022 WR BRZ
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 1,116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 55 Times in 54 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
Old Skoo is right, though. If you want a straight line car, why are you starting with a car that has a decided disadvantage like the S2000 (NO grunt down low) and possibly the FT (same, perhaps).

I can appreciate you enjoying the car for other reasons but if that's the primary goal then using either aforementioned car as a means to that end is like dating dating Jessica Alba (pre-baby) and being satisfied with kissing: that's not what that platform was put on earth to do!

As for your Pro example: sure, that's mighty impressive, no doubt. But that takes a shop to deal with budget, fabrication, etc. A privateer that is not independently wealthy isn't even worthy of mention to attempt to overcome a given platform's inherent flaws.
Ok, but people are consistently hitting 700+ whp independently from shops. I guess I'm just missing the boat since I don't track/drift my S2000 and I don't plan to track/drift the FT.
__________________
Gavin

S2KtoFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote