06-03-2026, 09:13 PM
|
#1659
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk
New Lego build. This was a joint birthday gift from my 3 sons.
Enterprise D. Hard to tell from the photo but this thing is huge. The disc is almost 18" across and it's 31 inches long, the build contains over 3,100 pieces and the assembled ship weighs almost 10 lbs. It takes up about half our breakfast area table.
The disc separates from the engine nacelles although I'll likely never do that.
Now I have to build a place to keep it. I've decided to take one of those "knock together" steel shelving units you can get on TEMU or $20 and convert it into a glass display case. I'm 3D printing a pegged channel to hold the glass and hid the holes. All in with the glass I would be around $250, which is cheaper than anything I could find online, and none of them is wide enough.
|
"The Fat One"
|
|
|