View Single Post
Old 12-14-2025, 10:32 AM   #3
RongTurnRacing
Senior Member
 
RongTurnRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 675
Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
FWIW: I don't know how far along you are with this project but most folks are going with a FA24 swap rather than mess with rebuilding a FA20.
That's all very relative depending on where you are located. I'm in central Ohio and finding one within reasonable driving distance was always around $7k. I'm boosted already so the cost is a wash between building up my FA20 and swapping in a FA24 that has many of the same shortcomings. And, it is also of unknown origin when it comes to how it was treated. At least I already know I abuse mine but I also go above and beyond on maintenance as was shown when the bearings were inspected.
RongTurnRacing is online now   Reply With Quote