View Single Post
Old 04-19-2025, 08:11 PM   #11278
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 1,717
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,211 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I think I'm accurate. At least it felt like 500 million. I demand a recount!

When I grew up there were acres of cherry, peach, fig, prune, every type of flower farms in San Jose and the bay area. Now there isn't a farm left.

If you look at bay area population % it is way different than your post. California is a huge state. You get out of the fringes, that control the state, you find out that hard working red state ranchers and farmers are out there.

It was on the news all the time when I lived in San Jose as the top % of race population would bounce between Asian and Hispanic. White was always 3rd. And you also had to account for the huge population of illegals that would refuse to be counted. Sanctuary city and State.

I lived there for 55 years, and I don't know anyone who sold their house, or a grandparents or parents house to USA born citizens. Only cash holding Indians and chinese. The mexicans, with their "anti education" culture will ways be a social burden. Enough politics. Ichi will ban me.
I’ve mentioned this before but here goes again. In the summer of 1958 my family drove from Courtice Ontario to Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz, California. That’s about 25 miles south of San Jose I think. We went to visit my father’s youngest brother and his family. We stayed about 10-12 days and did all the big attractions like, Knott’s Berry Farm, Disneyland, Fisherman’s Wharf and of course attend their church, twice!
What I remember about the area were the large citrus farms and other fruits and nuts not common in southern Ontario. Then there was the smog that hung over the major centers like Los Angeles. I’d never seen brown sky before. But most of all the diverse cultures and my relatives blatant intolerance for anyone not WASP. I knew my parents and other Canadian relatives who were very tolerant of all races and religions. It was most upsetting to know my aunt, uncle and oldest cousins were born and bred Canadians but didn’t act like Canadians. My uncle was a preacher and my little brain couldn’t understand how these God fearing Christians were so openly hostile towards other immigrants. I mean, they were immigrants themselves.
I grew up in a farming community that was settled by United Empire Loyalists. However, by the time I was born there was a large influx of X military men with their war brides and not just Canadian but British and others too. As well as displaced families from Holland, Finland, Sweden, Italy and Germany. My public school class was a United Nations of kids.
Now that I’m older I see almost everyone working in the local Wal-Mart stores have brown skin and with my hearing loss and their accents it sometimes is hard to understand each other. But, they are the people on the move in these times.
Who knows, if things keep going to heck in a hand basket in the states we here in Canada might see American emigrants of all colours coming to the Great White North.
__________________
Living life on the edge, less crowded, better view!
2018 tS Still in the family.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote