Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho
Why? A car could have many great owners, or one shitty owner. Inspect the car.
|
My point is that a car which changes hands every year could be a problem child. Why would multiple owners dispose of this car so quickly? Being a special edition should give it a collectibility factor. But perhaps it’s just been a rich-boys toy all its life, but not likely.
Also, I wonder, does the “clean” Carfax show regular maintenance or nothing at all?
With the exception of tire shops my FRS hasn’t seen a mechanic since I took ownership. From purchase at two years old all maintenance and repairs have been done by me at home. Mostly over the winter while it sleeps in our heated garage/shop.
My Carfax should be spotless since I took ownership because I’m handy. Most owners don’t have my tools, facility and self-taught skills. Call it my hobby.
People who love their car take care of it. People who regret buying a car don’t maintain it. They dump it.
Sorry for the ramble.
__________________
Edelbrock S/C with CSG 94 & 91 maps
TRD Short Shifter, CTS-V/EvoX Brembos
Ohlin’s R&T Dampers, Hotchkis F/R Bars, Blox LCA & Toe Arms
235F/245R Conti ECS on TRD/Enkei wheels (street),
245/40 sq. ECF on 17x8 720Form GTF2 wheels (track)