View Single Post
Old 08-19-2024, 09:36 AM   #4444
Racecomp Engineering
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 5,522
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 7,419 Times in 3,035 Posts
Mentioned: 311 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Raged View Post
Looking for input on my roadmap for my 2019 BRZ PP.

Current setup: tS conversion with STi pink springs on Bilstein B6, STi draw stiffener, and flexible strut V bars. Perrin front 22mm sway bar. Front camber bolts. 225/45R17 RE71RS on 17x8 Enkei TS10. Fujitsubo Axleback. G-Loc R6 pads.

I have been competitive in my "stock" class at autocross, but now I am considering what I can do in the fully modded class as I am craving more tire and more camber.

This is a daily driven car year-round (winter as well) so I don't want to lower it, and the Bilsteins are too busy on Toronto's horrible roads.

So instead of going full coilovers, does this path make sense?: Replace the Bilstein B6 with adjustable Tein Endurapro Plus on the same STi pink springs. However add on Raceseng adjustable tophats for the front (ditching the camber bolts), and adjustable SPC LCA in the rear - both making room for 245/40R17 tires on 17x9 wheels.

The Endurapros are loved by the Miata community - comfortable on the soft settings, and better body control on the stiff settings than their factory Bilsteins. And they are very affordable!
Have no experience with the Teins, but I bet they could be adjusted to be comfortable at least. The Bilsteins IMO are good but I'd trim the bumpstops (internal in front). They're too long.

Would not use the Raceseng plates on OEM style struts. They're otherwise very good but also probably discontinued. You could talk to Verus and see what you need to run them on OEM style struts.

Another option for camber in the front is the Cusco front lower control arm. Nice rubber bushings and they can add some camber (while adding track width). Not as much as you can with camber plates, but maybe add the Pedders offset OEM style mounts. That would ride better camber plates on crap Toronto roads.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote