View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 12:28 PM   #2
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,160 Times in 1,997 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I mean I can see it, in a way. But also look at the sample they used. The articles that I found referenced "Young People" being used as a sample.

There's probably a few reasons why a younger group was used, usually, any signs of chemical deficiencies in the brain that lead to psychopathic tendencies or syndromes tend to start showing during our young-adult periods. Fully develop once a person is considered mature.

The problem that this creates is that you have used a population sample that hasn't fully matured, but used it as the basis to generalize the larger public. At the same token, the tester could've used something like "Affinity for fireworks can lead to psychopathic tendencies" if the basis for these tendencies were the use of loud noises that would discomfort the public.

When I was younger, hell yes I found loud exhaust to be "Cool". I wanted my car to be like the F&F movies. Now, I've made sure that everything on my car is at a respectable level while still letting me enjoy a more aggressive exhaust noise for my personal amusement.

All in all, while the article is technically not wrong, it just cherry-picks the basis of argument with a less than reliable population sample.
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spcmafia For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-07-2024), Teseo (05-07-2024)