View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
ultra
Curious cat.
 
ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Location: Dubai
Posts: 775
Thanks: 840
Thanked 383 Times in 191 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Yeah Hanso you're right, it's not the actual knob. Unfortunately that's just the only part I can fiddle with myself at the moment.

It seems more like the shift lever itself is transmitting whatever noise it is into the cabin.

Thinking that, other than something inside the transmission case, it might be the reverse lockout cable, or the shifter bushing, or perhaps some heat shield or something contacting the transmission. Really no clue though and the dealer wasn't helpful at all. Hoping you might have better luck having someone in the States troubleshoot yours.

At any rate it's annoying. If I can figure out how to get the centre console off I might have a peek but I'm no big time mechanic.

If the tranny goes...warranty.
__________________
2013 Toyota 86 GT M/T
2009 Renault Clio Sport R27 Team F1 Edition (sold)
1991 Mazda MX5 Miata (sold)
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)

Last edited by ultra; 08-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote