View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 09:59 AM   #333
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezio View Post
Is it just me or does your car's mid-corner balance seem to be a bit on the understeer side of things?

May need to soften the front or stiffen the rear a bit.
It is. The rear end isn't loose at all like I expected it to be from seeing some other STX runs. I drove two STX cars year ago and you basically steered with the rear end twitching around.

Diving into those left hand sweepers, you'd turn the wheel and keep going straight for a second and then it would hook up and turn. If anything it was early/mid corner understeer and then neutrals out exiting.

It's not an ideal setup by any means. 6k/6k spring rates, 19mm Perrin front swaybar. Damper settings were 10/10 from full stiff out of 20 clicks. I actually lowered the front two clicks from the morning runs thinking the same thing you were.

Would you suggest more of a 8/12 (to full stiff) split? Softer front, stiffer rear. I was chasing issues during our test and tune events, so I haven't been able to mess with the settings much.

I ran it at 12/12 (stiffer) in the smaller lot with hills and that netted a quicker time there because the car felt more stable and I was able to keep on power more.