Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,505 Times in 980 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB750F View Post
Gents,

I loved this forum from 2013 to 2019, then it started slowing down & now I come here once every few months. MY 2015 has 115k km, so about 65k miles. So little to do
on these cars, change oil, rotate tires, change oil....
I had 2 large issues with this car that made want to sell. LOL
1) Something about front right suspension, I think is was a tie rod. Got that changed
with an alignment!!!!
2) Rear left wheel bearing, I changed myself! Worst part was looking for my tools!!!

I WFH, don't go out much, the last 3 yrs I drive to autocross & that's about it.
I did track but not sure if I want to keep going, it does take a beating & if you
do it long enough, well, shit happens. Well, shit happens anyway so that's a
good argument to keep going....

So, I have OFT, UEL header, catback, coilovers, air filter, Subaru oil/coolant cooler.
Installing front sway bar, stainless brake lines in a few weeks. Oh & that thing to
hold the brake cylinder on the firewall.
Never drove it in winter.

I really like this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB750F View Post
Gents,

I loved this forum from 2013 to 2019, then it started slowing down & now I come here once every few months. MY 2015 has 115k km, so about 65k miles. So little to do
on these cars, change oil, rotate tires, change oil....
I had 2 large issues with this car that made want to sell. LOL
1) Something about front right suspension, I think is was a tie rod. Got that changed
with an alignment!!!!
2) Rear left wheel bearing, I changed myself! Worst part was looking for my tools!!!

I WFH, don't go out much, the last 3 yrs I drive to autocross & that's about it.
I did track but not sure if I want to keep going, it does take a beating & if you
do it long enough, well, shit happens. Well, shit happens anyway so that's a
good argument to keep going....

So, I have OFT, UEL header, catback, coilovers, air filter, Subaru oil/coolant cooler.
Installing front sway bar, stainless brake lines in a few weeks. Oh & that thing to
hold the brake cylinder on the firewall.
Never drove it in winter.
No issue with TOB yet.
All gas in Canada now has ethanol, so crickets are back since last yr.

I really like this car.
You love the car sooo much you posted about it twice just to add that gas sucks in Canada. I hear ya bro.
I did pass mine on. My last interaction with Subaru Canada and my local dealer over a supposedly leaking fuel rail did it for me. The wife will have to deal with 'em now for her Crosstrek. But that's another story.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
The Red One (04-28-2024)