NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,370 Times in 7,407 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruturaj001 View Post
Not much to update but still going to. Did one more track day, this time with ACNW (Audi club), they had 4 run groups so got less track time. Started going to ridge Motorsports and probably going to stick to that track this year. I don't want to go to Pacific, doesn't seems like worth the higher risk. I might check out Portland track as well.

This year's plan is to do 5-8 track days, 2-3 car control clinic with PCA. Last year car control with PCA was very fun, learned a lot like autocross and got significant seat time. I have also bought sim racing setup to practice ridge track.

Tires are still stock but I am going to get SX2 this year. Brake pads are still DS2500 with significant life left, I would probably switch to CSG CP after they wear out. If run out of limit on those I am going to get BRZ tS for bbk.
I’d try doing a track day with Turn2 and getting Gabe as an instructor. He drives a twin and knows the platform really well. Very fast and articulate.

A lot of guys that run with Audi are instructed to drive really odd lines at the Ridge.

Pacific is plenty safe and Proformance does a good job with their class. The turn onto the front straight is bumpy but it is more of a problem with higher HP cars and novice drivers. It’s really not much worse then coming onto the straight in the finial section at the Ridge. That back section is fine as long as you are not yeeting the curbs, they are big and unsettle the car quite a bit. It looks intimidating but it is not bad as long as you are within your limits and not pushing it. I’ve talked to far more people who have crashed a car at the Ridge than Pacific. The Ridge has a lot of medium to high speed turns and getting off into the grass it is hard to slow the car down and get it under control again before hitting a tire wall, or a ditch, or a flag station. ORP is far sketchier.
CSG Mike (04-12-2024), ruturaj001 (04-11-2024)