Old 03-28-2024, 08:19 PM   #6
RT-BRZ
FNG

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSport View Post
Given its weight, you'd think its plenty, honestly. I get a Colision with a sports car would be a problem, given it's 1/2 the weight of a Miata,

from their website:
Safety: Small doesn’t mean unsafe. In fact, quite the opposite. Safety is a top priority at RAW. Our chassis features a front and rear crash structure, a triple roll bar (optional F1-style halo), deep sidepod nerf bars, anti-intrusion panels, optional integrated fire suppression, and seat with six-point harness. You won’t get this level of side-impact and anti-intrusion protection from most GT cars!

Of course, they're a small company. Who knows how much testing they did on that. Crash testing isn't cheap. But who knows how he crashed. He could have had a 100mph impact speed, and you can hardly blame the car for that. It could have been a defect in installing the seat, seat harness, Hans problem, etc. Who knows what happened since it rolled and then hit a wall. Must have been pretty crazy to roll and open wheel.
This is by no means any slam or negative commentary on their car or their company. I think what they've built looks amazing. I would love to try one out.

However, using this pic from their website, I see areas that seem like they could be weaknesses in the protection scheme. Edited to say, again, I'm not a structural engineer. Without seeing the crashed vehicle it's just a guess as to what happened. If it hadn't taken Andrew's life I don't think we would even talk much about it.

Poor guy. It just sucks.
Attached Images

RT-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RT-BRZ For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (03-28-2024)