Old 03-26-2024, 09:30 AM   #8
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,894 Times in 2,035 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
So you think the issue is that serious that you’d swap cars? Pretty big call. I don’t know heaps about the issue, but it sounds like it’s the main flaw with the new one. So the first gen didn’t have these types of issues at all?
1st-gen isn't perfect in this regard, but the 2nd-gen definitely has an issue with pressure drops under track usage, particularly during right-handers on decently-suspended cars with higher-grip tires.

I tracked my 1st gen ~12 track days/year for five years, I wasn't monitoring oil pressure though.

Anyway I test-drove an ND2 last year and it was a hoot, reminded me a bit of my old 240Z being similar weight (slightly heavier) and with driver sitting right at the rear wheels. I got the '23 BRZ because more utility as it was going to be my only car. Since then I've picked up an '05 Mazda3 hatch as a daily so the ND2 is more of an option now. Also I've been having to run a ton of ballast for time trials, and for this year they've added 80 lb. more Victory ballast... So anyway my competition weight with the '23 BRZ would be 3187 lb. this year. Kinda nullifies one of the best things about the car... Even at 3107 lb. last year I could *feel* the mass. Could run ND2 at 2475 lb. which sounds like fun...
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (03-27-2024)