View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 12:03 PM   #3
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
You said that it does it when you let put the clutch pedal- only while driving? Or also when stationary?
If when stationary, only when car is running? Or also with engine off?

If no to stationary, I'm betting mounts. What shape is your transmission mount in?
Only when the car is in motion will the noise happen. Pressing the clutch while stationary, whether the engine is on or off the clutch is relatively silent.

Another possibly unrelated symptom: when I release the clutch after shifting at redline I feel a pretty gnarly vibration on my left foot.

Transmission mount should be ok as it’s from a 2020 car so it’s one of the newest parts of my car.

I have a gr86 driveshaft in my garage waiting to go in. My current driveshaft has solid support bearing mounts which was foolish of me to install with the rest of the drivetrain being soft stock rubber. I’m wondering if that beat the crap out of the support bearing which I’m thinking could also be the noise.

I plan on installing new motor mounts, driveshaft, and do drivetrain fluids all in the next week so I’ll keep this thread updated.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote