View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 12:07 PM   #11295
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another new battery problem

I put two new ETX 16 L Big Crank deep cycles in about six months ago when the ESC stopped working. It worked fine after that until recently I noticed my starting battery seemed to be getting weak. Voltage for the three combined batteries read 12.1, So I put in a new PC 680 starter battery a couple days ago, but something doesn't seem to be right. The new 680 read 12.8 V out of the box so I put it in. The next morning the whole system again read 12.1 V. I charged it overnight and drove it for a day and this morning it read 12.34 V. I've got a charger on it again now to see what I come up with but it's worrisome.

I did one thing that was a little unusual but I don't think it could cause this problem. The eyelet on the cable going from positive to the controller broke off and I didn't have the right size one to replace it, so I wrapped the wire around the terminal and tightened it down until I could get a proper size eyelet. I'm sure that's a solid connection and I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

I've got a relatively cheap Harbor Freight multimeter. Don't know if that could be a factor.
Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote