Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,461 Times in 6,164 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
We had a break in decades ago now. At first the insurance company denied our claim because they found some minor errors in the paperwork. The agent’s secretary had just copied most of our old info over to our new policy when we moved from the city to the country. Because we live in the country it’s a volunteer fire department that covers our area. The policy said we had fire hydrants and lived within 5 kilometers of the fire house. Well we don’t have hydrants but we do have a huge river at our back door that the firemen would drop their main hose from the pumper truck in. Also, that fire house 5 kilometers away doesn’t serve us. The one that does is over 10 Kilometers away in the other direction. I had to hire a lawyer to write a nasty letter to them and explain that they’d already paid out on two claims without a problem. They agreed and came good except… They only paid the basic amount for jewelry. We lost of $21,000 and got $2000 back. They caught the little bastard that broke in. It was our next door neighbour’s kid! He had to pay back $3000 over three years. Oh and then the insurance company upped our premium and won’t let us out of contract. No other company would touch us because we’d had three claims in 5 years. What a joke!
3k + 2k does not equal 21k. I'd take their house as compensation but that's just me.