View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 10:05 PM   #23
Bergycheese348

Drives: TRD Supercharged 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Ah, looks like we're narrowing down at least this one issue. The purge valve is designed to purge the carbon canister pressure build-up at certain times under certain conditions. There is a sensor that monitors that pressure and the ECU has to see that pressure to tell the purge valve when it needs to open and for how long. If this system isn't working properly, the ECU will throw a code. Since you have the hose connected to a filter, it can't build up the pressure that the ECU needs to see to begin the purge cycle.

You're probably getting some raw fuel vapor smells coming from the engine bay, huh?

The outlet of the purge valve normally should be routed to the OEM intake at the rear, next to the PCV hose connection. On the Harrop, it is routed up to the intake side of the supercharger after the throttle body, so that it has a vacuum on it at all times while the engine is in operation.
All of that would make sense. Another question I would have if this narrows it down, would ethanol do something different so it does not build up pressure and does not throw a code somehow?

And I would not say it smells like i am getting fuel vapor smells from the engine bay. Standing outside of it there is no smell, and driving it has the same smell as before as it is catless.

Now, because there is no place to run it to at all, what would you suggest I try? Would plugging it up completely solve it?

T RD, Verus, Ace
Bergycheese348 is offline   Reply With Quote