View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 09:02 AM   #8
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone received the second letter from Subaru officially notifying them parts are available and to schedule a service appointment to get the problem fixed?

The first notification letter showed up in early November and stated a follow up notice was expected to be sent in December when parts became available. I still haven't seen a follow up letter, but received an e-mail from my purchasing/servicing dealership stating my car had an outstanding safety recall that must be fixed right away. I found this interesting because I've normally seen the official notification show up from the automaker first and was then contacted by a dealership. Not the other way around.

Something I find interesting too was after the initial recall notice released in December, a VIN lookup at Subaru didn't show any pending recalls, but it did at the NTHSA site. Once the e-mail dropped yesterday, I get reminders in the MySubaru app and it shows up on the Subaru recall site now too. Apparently, they don't care to list it until there are parts available to fix the problem.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote