View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 12:45 PM   #11
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We must have been typing at the same time, I see your replies to Aussie and Tomm above.

Yeah, I suspected there would be issues like this creep up with the new versions of ProECU. I'm still running an older version and do not have these issues with my tune.

First off, before ruling out your interface dongle, make sure your pins are making contact properly at the ALDL connection where you plug your dongle into the vehicle. These cars are notorious for loose connections. I'm sure Zach informed you of this and how to fix it.

I would then suggest to you that you work with Zach to go to a multiple fuel map set up that is based upon ranges of ethanol content, instead of using the output wire of the flex-fuel analyzer. You should keep your sensor and ethanol content gauge in place so that you'll know when you need to switch maps. Reconnect your rear O2 sensor to the ECU, then begin troubleshooting your emmisions issues after reflashing (if they in fact continue after the new tune). Bear in mind that Ecutek was, and still may be working on a way to incorporate CANBUS input to the ProECU software, which should allow them to add the flex-fuel ethanol content analyzer output directly through the diagnostic link. I have no idea what progress they have made with this. Also, this is going to mean more cost to you due to the extra time needed for Zach to rewrite his calibrations.

If I were you, at this point, I would just leave the flex-fuel hardware in place with the gauge operational with the analyzer output wire disconnected and not burn flex-fuel until Ecutek gets CANBUS operational. It will save you in the long run from having to keep reflashing expensive tunes. I'm not a tuner so that's just my suggestion.

Which supercharger are you running?

Edit: Oh,you're the guy bolting on that holy grail of superchargers! You can ignore that last question.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.

Last edited by FR-S2GT86; 01-09-2024 at 01:02 PM.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote