View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 11:45 AM   #5
Bergycheese348

Drives: TRD Supercharged 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
So you're here in the States where Ecutek has basically been neutered since early last year. First, see this thread here:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152923

Now I have a few questions to ask you.

1) How long ago did you install or have your flex-fuel hardware installed?

2) Did you install it or did you have a shop install it?

3) Did you flash your own ECU using your own tune, or did you have a professional tuner write the tune for you, and flashed it yourself?

Please be as thorough with your answers as you can and try not to leave anything out that might be important in order for us to help you diagnose the problem. After you answer these questions, we'll probably have a few more follow up questions for you.
1 & 2). The Flex Fuel hardware was installed by me and a buddy of mine at the end of September (mostly him since I was working on the rest of the SC), and he has worked with a bunch of similar stuff before. Not the exact same but for example he has put methanol kit on his Buick T-Type, entire fueling system, a bunch of electronics, etc, so he is not a 'professional' but he knows his way around. The kit was previously installed with the same exact SC by the previous owner and he did not have a issue with it. The kit is working perfectly fine, reading accurate ethanol numbers, no leaks, etc.

3). Tune is from Zach, flashed onto car by me. He has no idea why the wheel speed sensor is having an issue, and no idea why either is dependent on ethanol.

I know EcuTek was hit because of worries of the EPA, but to my understanding of everything that just affected the inability to turn off certain CELs. The wheel speed sensor was not an issue while initially tuning on pump gas and the first time on ethanol, but when i went back down to pump I believe was the first time it started to be an issue. Timing for it becoming an issue at first was a bit vague as I was prioritizing a misfire (fixed by just swapping coil packs). The ABS/TC light truly is off too, both do not work when accelerating or braking hard. The car has also had no damage at all, and has not 'hit' anything that would affect the speed sensor, not that I would think that would affect it coming on based on Ethanol percentage.

I hope that is enough detail, I tried including a bunch of stuff in that may or may not be important. Thank you!

T RD, Verus, Ace
Bergycheese348 is offline   Reply With Quote