View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 02:36 PM   #187
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsu333 View Post
Nope - I was still on the stock Performance Pack suspension when I installed the MCA Traction Mod, and no ride height change occurred (I did measure before and after).

Could be the GP Sports version alters the geometry in some other way? No idea...
It totally could…maybe the new trailing arm mounting location is closer or further away relative to old mounting location causing the sag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Could ride height change be from tightening bolts with the links at a severely not-ride-height angle?

-Mike
To be honest I did forget to tighten with load on the suspension so this is a very interesting point. I’ll go back under soon and see if I can loosen/re-tighten with the appropriate load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinen View Post
I did install 4.0k GR86 rear springs.
How are you liking that spring rate? I imagine it’s similar to the oem STi springs which would mean we have another oem+ option on our hands. Did you notice a drop at all when you did your Traction mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I was thinking this as well. I fully replaced my trailing arm with the STI pillowball arm when I did my MCA install, which at least means the front point is free. Unfortunately I didn't measure ride height before install because I was making a bunch of changes and resetting anyway.

I wonder if tightening an OEM trailing arm with the rubber bushings at both ends while at full droop for install changes things enough (binds up) to impact ride height that much. Not sure.

- andrew
Man this was what I was afraid of lol. But my non-educated theory would be that if I tightened the bushing’s bolt with the suspension at full droop, that the associated pre-load would actually raise the car? I have 1/4” risers getting here on Monday but I’m going to try and re-do the subject bolts before I dismantle my alignment to install the risers.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote