View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 10:40 AM   #4686
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,519 Times in 984 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New system and Window$ 11 nightmare…
OK so… my new gaming system showed up yesterday and I’ve been busy trying to get it set up and running.
Let me just say: I HATE WINBLOW$ 11 with a passion!!!! Nothing works like I think it should and this whole exercise was to satisfy Steam’s message about Win 7 no longer working which, so far, it still is!
(Used my good old system running Win 7 for play test again yesterday.)
Anyway, after about 9, yes, NINE hours of downloading, (which used over 50GB’s of Data) I now have AAPG, AAPG BETA and AA3 on the new system. I thought it would just load the base AAPG game. Then, I’d install the back up of all the UMM’s from a thumb drive. But Nope! It downloaded everything. OK so I try to play and I get kicked by Punk Buster every time I log into a server. I can’t find PB on my system even though I’ve supposedly downloaded twice!! So, I gave up and went on to try to load TeamSpeak.
Same thing, it’s nowhere to be found. So I copied the files from my old system to a thumb drive and placed them in the proper folder on the new system. But it won’t work until I login. So I fill in my details and it says I’m using the wrong password. So, I ask for a new password but TS tells me I don’t have an account so they want me to set up a new one. WTF???
I’ve been up since four o’clock after not going to bed till after midnight, just trying to get these two things working, Punk Buster and Team Speak. I hate getting old.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote