View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 06:19 PM   #17
GrandSport

Drives: 13 Viper; 14 BRZ; 90 Miata; 18 AMG
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terboboost View Post
Stance coilovers are fantastic, is there a sentiment that they are not?

I wouldn't say fantastic. I think the sentiment is they're a good cheap shock.

I'm sort of going all in on spec miata because of the number of them here locally and that an 86 isn't very competitive in WRL due to fuel tank/mileage otherwise I'd get coil overs that match the rest of the car. It's got a great cage, very good brakes, solid motor, upgraded trans, great cooling, great seats, etc. Shocks (and data logger) are the only place it sort of cheaped out.

They are what came with the car when I bought it 5 years ago. If it was me, I would have gone with nicer coil overs. But otherwise, the car was awesome and the right price, and (knock on wood) it's been very good to me.

I doubt I'd be any faster on $5k KWs, but I love a good set of coilovers. It was the first thing I did to the Viper and C7 (well, just the DSC controller as the springs were fine). The Viper came with Eibach lowering springs so I basically had to "fix" it. With the big aero on it, it needed more than OEM spring rates so stock wasn't an option, nor was just slapping super stiff springs on stock shocks.
2018 GLE 63 AMG: +800hp whistling AWD TT V8 grocery getter
2016 GX460: IDK. Too reliable to sell. Too boring to use.

Last edited by GrandSport; 01-04-2024 at 11:05 AM.
GrandSport is offline   Reply With Quote