Thread: Added Security
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 10:37 AM   #3
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ha Ha very funny, but that reminds me of the very first extended warranty that I got sucked into. We bought a new 1989 Mazda MPV and an extended warranty that looked official enough, but it was through a company not sanctioned by Mazda. We moved from New Mexico to Oregon in 1991 and got a notice from the dealer that the extended warranty company went bankrupt as did most of those scams around that time. The selling dealer said that they would absolutely back up their car and make things right if there was a problem. Sure, but they were 1,300 miles away. As it turned out, the Mazda MPV was absolutely bullet proof and we replaced it in 1998 with a 4 wheel drive version MPV without the extra warranty. Learned my lesson. The 2014 Forester replaced the Mazda. Only reason I considered any extended coverage was because Subaru was offering it. We always buy new and keep it long term. The best used car is the one you bought new, with the exception of anything that was Chrysler/Dodge. I almost bought a new Mazda Miata when we bought the first MPV, but my head touched the frame of the convertible top and I knew that I would regret it down the road.