Thread: Added Security
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 11:06 PM   #1
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Added Security

I just got an offer from Subaru for the Classic Added Security extended warranty. My '22 BRZ (03/22) is the first Subaru that I did not add a 7/70K plan when purchased new. The only thing I added was the StarLink through 2029; I did the math and it added up, but I passed on the Added Security. I'm 73 and I don't see myself making any changes, but the next auto show at the convention center may inspire me. My milage gets divided up between my 22 BRZ at 8,500 miles, 2019 Ascent (5+ years old) at 26,000 miles and a 2018 RV at about 25,000 miles. If I read the offer correctly, it would add 4 years starting at 03/23/2024 which would add up to a total of 6 years from purchase date in 2022 and up to 60,000 miles from 0 miles when new. The offer is for $970. For $1,180 they would bring the miles up to 80,000. Since time and not mileage is the issue for me here I would opt for the lower offer. Honestly, money is not an issue, but I do like to get some value when I do open my wallet. I will have to call Subaru to clarify some wording in the brochure that is confusing and also if there is an offer for a plan similar to what I have on the Ascent and our previous BRZ and Forester. So, the question is if the extended coverage is worth it or should I roll the dice and see what happens? Paying out of pocket won't sink me, but it might save everyone else from hearing me bitch about the cost of repairs. You know, since Biden moved into the White House, my insurance on my vehicles, umbrella policy and homeowner policy has DOUBLED and the inflated replacement costs do not add up to the premium increases. Since I plan on keeping the BRZ for the long run, would you add extended coverage?