View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 09:49 PM   #18
SumDizzy

Drives: Silver 2018 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@tomm.brz Can you clarify how I can use a K00G rom? Ecutek says it's not compatible, and only that the 2018 (Q00G) and 2019 (S20G) EUDM roms are supported.

From sleuthing the forums I understand I can modify the calid in 3 places in the rom file to spoof the K00G rom as a different calid, but given that Ecutek saves rom in an encrypted format I would have to use RomRaider instead.

I can modify the calid of an unencrypted rom and then try opening with Ecutek, but this fails because Ecutek maps the definitions incorrectly.

Only other thing I can think of is to find a common ROM that shares both my rom and K00G as compatible roms and use it as a bridge. But it seems odd that Ecutek wouldn't make the whole set compatible.

I ask because I see other weirdness e.g. while engine braking in sixth gear, I don't get a fuel cut sometimes - so instead of afr going extremely lean, it goes very rich instead and will stay like that for as long as I'm engine braking. I'd like to use a known good stable rom instead of a maybe good rom.
SumDizzy is offline   Reply With Quote