Old 12-21-2023, 09:37 AM   #7
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
For the street, you're not going to feel anything substantial. I have the performance pack Brembos (2017) on mine and they're not that much different than the stock brakes in terms of feel compared to the 1st or 2nd gens.
That's disappointing to hear. If I had one complaint I have with the car, it's brake feel. I prefer a more firm linear brake feel with more bite early on and the BRZ feels mushy at first with feel the farther you get into it. Plenty of stopping power, just not a great feel.

Quote:
For suspension, the ride is likely going to be slightly firmer, but not much. The Sachs dampers on the PP actually feel more "crashy" than anything. Spring rates will be slightly upped with some pink STI springs. Likely 10% and maybe 10-20mm ride height difference.
According to Road and Track, it's the same springs we have in our cars now.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...of-the-greats/

I noticed Car and Driver mentions the new struts up front and nothing about springs, which seems to confirm this simply because they don't mention it as a change.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-brz-ts-drive/

Quote:
It's basically a performance pack for the 2nd gen, not even a "true" tS version like the 1st gens had. The Brembos are cool, but aren't really needed at all for the street and even autocross. Track days... eh, maybe for the heat capacity.
This was my take too. I'm quite happy with the current suspension set up and don't see how the changes would make a big enough difference to put any "daylight" between the TS and a lower trim. Based on your comments regarding the brakes, it's not a big deal either. It seems you could make significantly better improvements with aftermarket parts.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote