View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 08:41 PM   #67
blsfrs

Drives: 2013 frs base
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSport View Post
Yeah a lot of stuff starts happening with reduced thickness and lower density and viscosity of an incompressible fluid through an oil pump based on rpm.

The auto world has a weird way describing flow with the resistance to flow. Think forced induction. "I'm running 20psi." No one says "It's pushing X g/sec of airflow." 20PSI is an insane amount of airflow in my Viper. It's nothing in my NB Miata that is running a restrictor plate. It tells us absolutely nothing unless they are nearly identical engines.

Then again, the diameter of a tire is expressed as a function of half the width of the mm plus the wheel size in inches. I really cant even think of a dumber way to do it. Why is not just width/height/wheel size (like old school trucks) in the same units. 750/245/17. Then you'd have standardized heights instead of 748.27mm. But I digress...
It's interesting to see that your logs, at higher temperatures, show a decrease in pressure from 4k-7k. Why is that?

Is there a way that Bernoulli's principles are at work here? My basic understanding is that the higher flow rate of a fluid, the lower the pressure. I would try the math but I don't have the right crayons.
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote