Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,276 Times in 2,967 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Thanks! I've got cusco upper arms, which I think are all pillow ball. And SPL lower arms with pillow balls at the subframe. So I guess the only rubber left back there is the trailing arm. Does the suspension behave well if everything is pillow balls? Or does it need some rubber somewhere to avoid binding? Does anyone make a pillow ball bushing to go in the knuckle for the trailing link?

EDIT: Maybe these? https://us.gktech.com/products/zn6-8...erical-bushing It says toe arm, but maybe it means the traction / trailing arm, based on the customer pictures.

-Mike
The Cusco upper arms use a hardened rubber bushing (I'd rather a spherical but that's better than poly IMO).

The STI trailing arm is a nice simple piece with a good quality bearing. I use it and combined with the MCA traction mod it's a really nice upgrade. Cusco make a nice trailing arm if you want adjustability.

I think Cusco makes a pillowball for the trailing arm into hub position but I'm not 100% sure. They have them for most locations.

Going to more pillowball bushings can feel pretty good. It'll ask more of your dampers but it reduces bind in your suspension. They get a bad rap sometimes, but that's often because of poor quality bearings. In some cases, they can improve ride quality.

Anyway, I stay away from polyurethane in most cases and I'm careful to only use pillowballs that have enough articulation and use a good quality bearing.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
autoracer86 (12-11-2023), new2subaru (12-11-2023), Tatsu333 (12-11-2023)