chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,615 Times in 18,979 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
^^^Yes, and especially:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarjunkie View Post
For an enthusiast, most people have to figure out where that line is between ideal and overkill for their uses.

(Not so much speaking on oil coolers here, just sharing thoughts. Something like an Accusump though feels like it's sitting on that line)
Considering it that way, I think the line bends depending on individual aspects of our enthusiasm. I choose to run shitty tires and focus on making the most of what's available inside that envelope. I do drool over the idea of a sweet dry sump. Things like trans and diff cooling are just as important but I wouldn't consider sticky tires without first addressing oiling and wheel bearing issues in support of them.

One may ask, "Why not just replace them as needed?" Personally, I find my bliss in finding that reasonably comprehensive approach to a solution. I don't say it's better or worse for any particular reason. I enjoy the game.

For instance, my next exercise is to build or specify custom output shafts to minimize angular play. I am irritated by that slop. Is it bad? Depends on the use case and overall goals of ownership.