View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 06:58 PM   #487
TurboLag23

Drives: 2018 BRZ w/Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
I appreciate the thorough and informative response!

Would you recommend waiting for a Starting Line School date to open up or just heading out to an autocross event? I am a 100% newbie when it comes to performance driving so I will be asking a lot of questions.

I live within minutes of Amor Autosport so it looks like I will be in good hands when it comes to suspension!
JP @Amor is the man!

And although I would absolutely recommend a Starting Line school, it doesn't look like there are any imminently planned. I would sign up for an event and do two things:

1) Novice course walk, led before every event.
2) Request an instructor. Every practice day, and I believe most championship days, they have instructors who will ride along with you and give you pointers. When I was new, I would take my first two runs slow to learn the course and identify any spots that are particularly difficult. Then I would take my third run with an instructor to give me pointers, get more pointers while waiting for my fourth run, then fourth run again with instructor to see if/how I improved and get a list of things to work on improving for the rest of the day.
TurboLag23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TurboLag23 For This Useful Post:
menikmati (10-31-2023), strat61caster (10-30-2023)