View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 01:34 PM   #11292
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange voltage readings

Car has been running beautifully since I installed new Big Crank deep-cycle batteries, but I'm getting strange voltmeter readings. I can only see the meter at night so that's when I do my testing. It usually starts at 28.3, but when I activate the compressor the readings are very different than they were with the previous batteries. They'll drop sometimes to about 21.1 or sometimes as low as 18.1 but then stay right at that point even while the compressor continues to spin. It's working fine, but I think that as long as that blower is turning it should be reducing battery voltage. For whatever reason though, I'm getting consistent boost and it doesn't stop running so I guess it's just different characteristics of different batteries.

I think I'll adjust my throttle switch to bring in boost at 50 and 70% throttle. I still have something going on with WOT. The butterfly opens completely and throttle body is clean, but my absolute throttle position according to my OBD, indicates 80.1 max, and it doesn't feel like I'm getting full throttle.
Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Qwimby1 For This Useful Post:
Target70 (10-28-2023)