NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,358 Times in 7,398 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshopper View Post
It has/had a FA20. Oil cooler. heavy weight oil. slight overfill. No baffle. What other oil starvation mods were people talking about? Accusump? Dry sump? Fa20's are supposed to be pretty good about oil starvation. It's the Fa24 which doesn't like right turns.

Won't get a post-mortem until I get the swap. Probably in a few weeks. My mechanic is pretty busy right now and can't get to it right away.
The FA20 still has oil starve issues. I'd be a lot more concerned if I was boosted but I have seen low enough numbers that it is concerning though I haven't lost an engine to it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
think tokay was being a bit cheeky saying the cause is that it is an fa20

fa20 has oiling issues. Some basic mods people do are killerB oil pickup and baffled oil pan. Who knows if it helps.

There was a guy from peru that posted some data showing the killerB pick up likely helps.
I saw a negligible difference with a baffle. I have a 2qt accusump I will be installing this winter. The guy from Peru did a lot more then install the killer B pickup. He ported the oil passages. solidsnake11 also did a lot of oiling mods, you can still find some of his posts that he didn't delete.
alphasaur (10-26-2023)