View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 02:39 PM   #11290
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
I admit that we don't know what voltage and current the phantom battery charger is using. I don't even know if it has a circuit to stop charging when the batteries are full. So if the voltage is so high it will overload the AGM, and the current is so high it will overload the lead acid, the only thing I can think is to add a voltage limiting circuit on the charging side of the controller. Honestly the best thing to do would be to measure the phantoms charger circuit output.
This is what I think (guess). My meter reads about 28.5 volts when the system is not engaged. I think that the charger is supplying 28.5 volts constantly to the 2 batteries in series. So each battery is charged at 14.25 volts continuously. The current would be whatever the alternator puts out minus the load to the car battery. The batteries will only draw as much current as they can hold. When I have the batteries hooked up to my charger, I set the current to max and it slowly drops to zero when the battery absorbed all it can hold.

Whenever I get my new batteries and put it back together I'll test my theory.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
Target70 (10-05-2023)