Old 09-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #36
Kelse92
At the track

Drives: '14 FRS - Former e92 M3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-t_240 View Post
Has anyone used these on the passenger side? I have the driver completed, was going to order for the passenger, but see on OG racing it say may not work with FRS? Anyone know the difference?

I was going to just order a seat form a junk yard to get all the parts from vs taking my stock one apart.
I'm late to the party in just now stumbling upon this, so you've probably already figured it out at this point, but figured I'd chime in anyway in case it helps someone else out in the future.

The fitment issue with the seat on the passenger side is that the passenger side stock slide grab arm has an added upper grab-point that is different from the driver side which only has the lower bar, you just have to cut the upper portion of the arm off.

It's hard to explain, but I found a photo of the underside of driver and passenger stock seats and put a red square around the difference/part to cut off. I also vaguely recall cutting part of the raising/lowering mechanism, but in the end it was minimal modification unless you ever plan on putting the stock seats back in.