View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 06:03 PM   #6
ajaxburger

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Perf. Pack
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
I haven't installed one before but I'd be tempted to get an appropriate inline fuse and run it straight to the battery though

I would be keen to hear how it sounds both open and closed once installed tho.

Wow I completely forgot about this post.. ended up getting a ticket the day after before I'd installed the valved system so I've been a bit busy

If I remember to, I'll follow up with a video on the sound.

Ultimately, it sounds great in both modes but fitment is atrocious. The mid-pipe is maybe a few inches too long so everything is pushed out of whack and causes the muffler to shift on the hangers, rubbing on the undercarriage somewhere and creating this awful humming noise.

The exhaust doesn't come with a hard-wiring kit, it's sold as an additional $30 kit (bulls**** in my opinion). You also need to pick up your own 3-position momentary switch and the relevant wire-ends to wire it to. Their harness is only the plug that connects to the exhaust, a fuse tap and a bunch of extra wire length.

I've yet to get around to actually doing it since the physical install was such a PITA and their wiring diagrams / electrical info are non-existent. Their support is useless.

I'd return it but at this point I need a valved system and don't feel like taking it off the car, I can make due with what I have.

I do not recommend this exhaust or products from this company. Seems like for about the same price, you can get another brand.