View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 04:32 PM   #174
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed32 View Post
To those who asked about an equivalent for the front. You would not want that. In Layman's terms the MCA traction mod allows the car to squat during acceleration. Makes it easier to get on the gas early without the back stepping out as force is allowed to go through the suspension and tires instead ( weight transfer is allowed). You would want the opposite at the front, which i believe is what the Jackson racing Anti-dive kit is. That kit tries to keep the car level when braking. "This gives the car a more level stance, allowing the driver to have a more controlled and balanced entry to the corner." I am still thinking about getting that next.
MCA Traction mod allows squat by lessening anti-squat at the rear.
Jackson racing anti-dive kit reduces front-end dive under braking by increasing anti-dive at the front.
Agree on everything.

The equivalent for the front is the Whiteline “anti-dive kit” which unfortunately reduces anti dive.

The JR kit lowers the front control arm mounting point while the whiteline raises it. Only the JRs mounting configuration is consistent with an anti dive kit.

I personally plan on running the JR anti-dive kit with STi springs to keep the front end from bobbing so much. Also considering the GP sports pro-squat kit over the MCA one as I’m not a fan of how the MCA bolts to the front subframe mounting bolts. Seems to create a lot of unnecessary stress.

The more angled the green lines are in the below photo, the more front anti-dive you have.

norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
Xed32 (09-09-2023)