NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,358 Times in 7,398 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
lie. anything dealing with people will have stress. but at least they'd be paying you more to deal with it.

pivoting to an entirely different job is weird, but it seems to be more of the new normal.

I guess I mean to say I don’t have to worry about answering a service call at 5am on a Sunday because my customer doesn’t know what a time zone is. I haven’t had a ringer on my cell phone in forever because I get emails and phone calls at all hours. Or having to groggily answer an urgent email from an overseas vender at 4am. Or having 3 meals at work and then sleeping on the office floor for 4 hours before getting back to it. It’s crazy to me that a simple job like this pays as much or more then mine. It’s no more physical then doing the work I do now and a fraction of the mental stress. I physically feel like the last couple years under my current GM has aged me more then normal and I have had massive concerns over the future of my current company with the approach the GM takes. My retirement plan right now is in company stock and I flip some of my HSA into 401K every year. A lot of key people are retiring in the next 4-6 years with nobody behind them to take their place. It’s turning into a total shit show and without massive course correction soon, I think it is going to come to a head. Every survival instinct I have is telling me to get out while there is still a piece of the pie which would take 10 years for full payout under our ESOP plan for someone who quits. I don’t believe this opportunity is a lock, but I have been actively looking for other options for a while. If it falls through hopefully it motivates me a bit more.
humfrz (09-08-2023), soundman98 (09-09-2023), Spuds (09-07-2023), Ultramaroon (09-08-2023)