View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #1000
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE5 View Post
I mean, I hope to car wise. New cars are so incredibly good these days. I remember when <3.5 seconds was super car territory. Now I can hope over to my BMW dealer and have choices: M2, M3, M4, M5, M8, and i4.

I cannot imagine boredom with retirement. In English alone, there are more books than I can ever read. I'm just starting to get into Chinese light novels. Those are addictive. Then there's TV and movies. Then there's actually writing something myself, plus hiking, swimming, gardening, driving, improv, theater, standup, and volunteering. I look forward to getting this work yoke off my neck in a few years, around when I hit 50. Interestingly enough, travel isn't super high on my list of things I wanna do. I've been to significant parts of Europe and the US plus a bit of Asia. The more I travel, the more I realize that I just wanna be in Hawaii.

Mike, are you transporting drugs as you go from track to track? It's the CSG 401K!
Since you read a lot, go and read up on actual real life retirement situations. There are so many situations where people work or volunteer to overcome boredom or just to have camaraderie with friends and such. Trust me I doubt you can just read books for 40 years. Finding a purpose is key and so many loose it in retirement. I get it, as a working person it seems ridiculous because not having to work seems like the greatest thing. But as you get older things change, and health wise it’s not like you are 20 with all the time and money in the world. You need a plan for what you will do in retirement.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote