View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #937
Spektyr

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
I think it's a GR86/BRZ thing. NGL If I'da known I would have gone GR86 over this issue!

I listen to music at home and in the car, never when I'm out and about on foot, hence never any need or desire to rip to MP3 or other format. So 100s of CDs and I don't have a computer at home with a CD drive...

I think there are Chinese CD players that *may* work when plugged into the USB but I'm surprised there aren't more options here...
I pretty much only listen to music in the car anymore. I don't wear headphones at all in public, and watch YouTube on the treadmill at home. It's less an issue of the "portability" of the format as it is the density. There are relatively few albums I want to listen to on repeat for any period of time, and I really don't like playing with the stereo while I'm driving. Changing a CD is just a distraction. With MP3s I can set up a USB drive with 12+ hours of non-repeating music. Between that and streaming services through Android Auto I have endless audio that doesn't distract from driving or require me storing physical media in the car.

I can basically program my own radio station with hundreds of song and zero annoying disc jockeys trying to talk when I want to rock.

If the CD drive is holding you back at home you can get a cheap external USB one off Amazon for $20. Convert your entire library to MP3, load it on a USB drive, and then every song is available in the car without buying a different stereo or ever changing a CD.
Spektyr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spektyr For This Useful Post:
ZDan (08-22-2023)