rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsio View Post
Hi

We're planning to hit track day event together with friend. I'm tracking my MX5 quite regularly and I've been to track with my daily driver BRZ few times as well however for my friend it's gonna be the first time and understandably, like all of us, he's a bit worried about going off track and totaling his car. As such we're looking for possibly "easy", slower track that shouldn't result in catastrophic damage even in case something goes wrong. For now we're considering two options:
More folks should put this sort of contingency planning and thought into potential outcomes before doing things like this - it's a smart exercise.

The MX-5 is likely the most cost effective to repair if I'm being honest. I've replaced just about every exterior panel on my FRS, as well as the supporting infrastructure beneath it (some more than once) and it's not the biggest set back, but there's a lot of stuff to purchase to make things right again vs the MX5.

Unsolicited advice: keep in mind the capabilities of the car evolve each lap. The tires get hot, the brakes will fade, the brain will fade and the dynamics of the car will change. Be mindful of the car each lap as to not get in over your head. How deep you went into that corner last lap may not be applicable this lap. This is especially true on streetable parts (street pads, street tires etc) which "evolve" faster lap over lap.

Both those tracks look like a blast - upload video when you're done!
bcj (07-30-2023), RT-BRZ (07-30-2023), SCFD (07-30-2023)