View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 04:46 PM   #14
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Like pretty much everything in life, it comes down to price. Funny how most things usually come down to money...

For me (and my own personal money), EyeSight would be a 'nice' to have, but not a 'need' to have. I'd pay a bit more for it (maybe $500-$1,000?).

The Brembo brakes, another 'nice' to have. Certainly not needed for street driving (which is my use), but emotionally nice to have. Again for me, worth a modest cost - maybe another $500-$1,000?

The Hitachi dampers, not sure. Don't know if they would make a meaningful difference in the all-important seat-of-my-pants feel test in street driving. I know many people here are into extracting the last tenths of a second of performance out of the car for track use, for me it's all about having fun on twisty back roads and street driving. I'd rather have a slightly more compliant ride than a harder one (New England roads are often terrible).

The switch to iron vs. steel control arms seems like a step backwards? Maybe because they would be stronger for track use, less likely to deform?

For me, the changes would be worth paying maybe $1,500-$2,000 for. Any more than that, and I'd rather have the car without them. Any guesses how much more Subaru will charge for it?

Your mileage may vary.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote