Old 07-24-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
Do you normally detail your other vehicles?
Really, it's close to the same process as any other detail job.

Clean/prep
Correct
Then lay down ceramic coat
Agree. Most of the quality high-solids coatings are just as easy to apply as any sealant or wax.

I've been self-applying high-solids coatings (the ones in the little glass bottles) to all of our family vehicles for at least 10 years now. It saves a ton of money and it's really pretty easy. The newer coatings are even easier to apply.

I've been a long time user of CarPro's CQuartz UK. Its on several of our family vehicles and it's a good coating. Easy to apply and I get at least three years of good protection from them. It might last longer, but at the two or three year point I'll polish it off and re-coat the vehicle.

Recently I've given the new Gyeon coatings a try. My BRZ is wearing Gyeon Pure EVO and my wife's MDX is wearing Gyeon Mohs EVO. Both of those are are easy to apply, but Mohs EVO is by far the easist to apply coating I've ever used. Performance-wise, I've had Pure EVO on my BRZ for a year now and it's still going strong. The Mohs EVO has only been on the MDX for about three months, but I've got no complaints so far.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote