View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 08:11 PM   #8
nissanfanatic

Drives: 2023 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsio View Post
Europe man. We have really limited freedom in terms of car mods on all levels. Any unauthorized mechanical changes to car and mods void your extended warranty. In fact iirc even servicing in unauthorized workshop here may result in rejecting warranty in case something blows up. That's why we have authorized workshops here everywhere, that have certificates and those are allowed to perform "authorized" mods that do not void your warranty. Of course they charge 2x "street" price but you keep all warranties etc. I already asked about oil cooler and such workshop refused to install oil cooler for me under warranty (since it's not officially allowed by manufacturer). I've got 5 years extended warranty, 3 years still to go.

Suspension and stuff is relatively low risk so I don't really care about warranty here and I don't have anything against handling mods but engine is sketchy, I wouldn't like to cover replacement on my own in case it blows up xD

Fun fact - you know how US user manual tells you where are jacking points to lift BRZ? We don't have that in EU manual at all. Because you're "not supposed to do that on your own". The same about replacing xenon light bulbs and few other bs things...

I think at some point I'll just decide to screw all of that anyways but well... not yet.

but you do get the explicit track warranty tho, right? I'd prob take that trade. lol
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote