Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,207 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_ca View Post
100%. The last BMW that had my interest was the E46. That was my dream car in HS and I still want one in the near future. Saw the rear end of the X5 and it looked just like the 2016+ Rav4. Several BMW's of the same years have the long tail-light designs of Lexus's. I mean, car designers are running out of design concepts, they all look similar now lol.
I found it funny that BMW straight up copied the Lexus L-motif taillights from the RC and used it for the 3 series. It made sense for a Lexus...(the L) but didnt make sense for BMW. Lexus is usually never the brand that other brands take influence/design from.

This new 5 series taillights look like squinty Camry taillights (which in turn resembled something from a Nissan).

you should see everyone's interiors...ugh. Thats even more samey across the board. Everyone's transitioning to the "double wide ipad screen" interior design.....The only real differentiating thing between all the brands now is the shape of that hugeass screen......BMW is all squared off, Buick has a kind of upside down trapezoid with rounded edges, Cadillac is rightside up with rounded edges, Hyundai is a rectangle with rounded edges....etc.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote