View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 10:23 AM   #27
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Update: I tested the whole thing today on a BRZ FL. Behavior is identical. I was able to further specify the limits. The 7Nm is the max value that the torque sensor can measure for the input on the steering wheel. But the limit for the shutdown is 6Nm. The value jumps then due to the cut off of the support abruptly to 7Nm. (Since one keeps holding the steering wheel...).

The value for "Motor Current requestet" jumps to zero when the input exceeds 6Nm. As soon as the input drops below 5.5Nm the support starts again. Temperature is definitely not the limiting or triggering value. Thermistor temperature increased gradually over several trials. Shutdown occurred at 30°C thermistor as well as at 39°C thermistor. So did the return of support.

Next step will be to test the behavior again on my own vehicle, blocking the steering mechanism near the zero position. If my theory is correct, the behavior at close to zero steering angle will be the same. Next step will then be tests in a driving vehicle with data logger.