View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 03:18 AM   #25
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
First Off all, thanks for that great input @geraldjust and @RedReplicant ! (And all Others too ofcourse...)

I can definately confirm that there is no voltage drop. I looked into that very deeply, since my car is swapped and so I was searching for a failure from my side/due to the swap very intense. But voltage not even flickers during that cut off condition. Also, the wiring of the EPS system and also the complete Chassis electrics are 100% factory and where not changed due to the swap.

Im definately no expert in the circuit design and function topic as you are. But I, without having the ability to explain or proof it in any technical way, this behavior seems much too repeatable to be physically inducted by temperature. It can easily be tested on any car with this EPS by just "over turning" against lock. The timespan to cut off is absolutely constant and also the imidiate "kick in" after slightly releasing is repeatable. For me it's hard to Imagine that any overloaded component causes this behavior.

One more reason for that impression: If you monitor the requested torque and keep it slightly below the 7Nm limit, lets say to 6.9Nm, you can hold it there virtually forever without any cut off. I somehow cannot imagine a component behavior which is that dramatically black/white due to a 3-5% load change....

Just sayin', it can hold 95+ % load for minutes but, once you apply 100% it fails in an absolutely constant time span of 1s, independant from any ambient conditions. And after reducing the requested output back to 95% it INSTANTLY cools down and returns service? This somehow does sound far from plausibel in my ears. My conclusion, as said before, would be that this is a programmed behavior. But as said, Im not the expert...

Last edited by TRS; 05-06-2023 at 04:16 AM.
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote