View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 01:40 AM   #24
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,236 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I saw the EEPROM in there, no idea what is on it though. I assume it is what stores these Battery Voltage Lo, Speed Sig Invalid, etc flags that you can read out in Techstream. Agreed that the MOSFET setup / heat sink looks stout in the BRZ controller.

I've logged the 12v data from car since I'm on Haltech, it doesn't dip when the EPS cuts.

We've seen this happen with the older two wire motor Prius modules and the cut can be solved by soldering the shunt, but the newer three phase modules used by the BRZ/Lexus/etc don't have one onboard. I thought about just swapping the motor / controller from a Prius so I bought spare BRZ and Prius columns w/ controllers... The Prius motor doesn't bolt on due to slightly different flange bolt hole spacing and a different coupler style, which can be easily worked around (see the DCE kit, same same), the issue really becomes that the gear ratios between the BRZ (~18.5 motor turns to one shaft turn) and Prius (~15.25 motor turns to one shaft turn) column are different so the controller software would probably freak out with respect to assist provided / centering / etc.

Last edited by RedReplicant; 05-06-2023 at 01:53 AM.
RedReplicant is offline   Reply With Quote